Many visitors constantly ask how thier children may spend summer time with fun and benefit. The KITION PALENTARIUM & OBSERVATORY gives a simple aswer. It is summer school. We have fun and learn astronomy, we do simple math and help each other, we feel the spirit of researchers and discoverers, we befriend and inspire for the wanders of the Universe.
There are "I'm a Small Scientist" and "Summer Kition Astronomy Academy" for children up to 12 years old. Other schools, such as"Astronomy for Scouts", "Astronomy for Artists" etc. for customized needs are available on demand.
Summer Kition Astronomy Academy
This is 1 month summer school for 5-12 years old children. It gives such themes:
1. Solar system, the Sun, workshops. Observations of the Sun.
2. The Moon, sizes of the Sunspots and solar flares, rockets, workshops. Observations of the Sun and the Moon.
3. The inner planets, rockets and thier launchs, meteorites and minerals, constellations, sky tour, observations of planets.
4. Telescopes. Stars and Universe. Observations of the Sun.
Starts annualy in July on Saturdays 10:00 - 13:00. One session is in evening 18:00-21:00.0
I'M A SMALL SCIENTIST
This is 1 week summer school for 4-6 years old children. It gives such themes:
1. How Cyprus was created?
2. Dinosaurus and fossils.
3. Telescopes. Workshop with the space telescope Hubble, NASA.
4. Sateletes. Workshop with the ESA satelites.
5. Planetarium program about the Earth and the space.
6. Astronomical observations. Space journey.
7. Telescope observations every session.
Starts annually in July and August and is conducted during one week. Monday till Friday at 17:00-19:00, one session is in evening 19:00-21:00 and Saturday-Sunday 10:00-12:00.
PROGRAM (PDF FILE and JPG file)
Book your participation now by tel. +357 99991111 or Contact us for further information.